Friday, October 16, 2009

Disappointments in Where the Wild Things Are



So, this morning I was very excited to go watch Where the Wild Things are, a film that has been publicized and talked about for weeks. I was anticipating the greatest film of all and was curious to see how they turned a 5 minute story into a 2 hour long film. There had been advertisements for months, literally everywhere you went. There were posters, billboards, trailers, soundtracks that were released before the movie, and the trailer was on TV almost every minute. At bookstores there was a whole table dedicated for the new motion picture film that was to be released. Everything was hyped, and my expectations for the movie were very high. I believed that the animations and graphics would be amazing…But it wasn’t. The film in my opinion was not very good at all.
It just made me think how affective advertisements are in our society. The trailer, posters and billboards were all real eye catchers. It made the movie seem sensational and special. The trailer especially was made perfectly. I really thought the movie would be mind blowing after I saw the trailer but it seems all you need to really watch is the trailer. You get the whole movie from the trailer. The film is not worth $12.50 at all. Advertisements do really send a message to consumers and drag them in to buy or watch a particular product. If it weren’t for those amazing advertisements I probably would have never thought about watching the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment